From the insanity of Panic and Anxiety Disorder to the calm through fitness.. This is my transformation story.

10.11.2011

20 Minute Workout with 10 Minute Trainer

I FINALLY took Nike's advice and Just did it! A 20 minute workout with Beachbody's 10 Minute Trainer. 


For the passed 2 weeks my physical self has been feeling more and more pain in my back, neck and leg. Saturday morning I woke up to a nearly crimped neck, so I made the decision to SMR (Foam Roll) 2ce a day; once before bed and once when I wake up in the morning while enjoying my morning java. 


Taking the 30 minutes to an hour a day for a few days to do SMR has helped tremendously to reduce the cramping and pain associated with my nowhere-near-as-active-as-I-once-was-lifestyle. 


Later in the morning, when my diaphragm was up in my throat again (see my last post for an explanation), I took a moment to ground myself in the chair I was in and started my corrective breathing. While I was doing my belly breathing something happened that was very disturbing and EXTREMELY painful. When I breathed in I felt a weird feeling in my right chest, not sure if it was starting in the lung, or a muscle, but it started with a blockage feeling like I just couldn't breathe in enough air. Then I felt something like a tear. The pain was profound in my right chest it shot up my neck to the top of my head and radiated down my right arm; the pain was so intense I nearly passed out. The pain subsided after about 5 minutes and turned to a dull ache in my chest, neck and arm that lasted the better part of the morning. I have to say I was very concerned that something was, and possibly still is, wrong and my gut screamed to get a chest x-ray, but that could be the anxiety talking. I'll just keep an eye on it, or breath :)


Fast forward to mid-afternoon. I  started to feel "strange". Now this "feeling" is familiar to me, it's not something that resulted from the episode in the AM, but it wasn't anxiety; my heart was simply beating hard and nearly in my throat. Prior to the realization that a lot of what I experience involves my hormones I simply ignored it and went about my business. Towards the late afternoon I was feeling edgy, and tingly and I would get something like a hot-flash but it lasted for a split second and quickly turned into the chills.. brrrr.. This went on for a better part of 4 hours


Fast forward to this evening. I finished all of my work with SharecareThe NJ Fitclub and Fitness to a T, and I was waiting for the 8:30 team call.. BORED. I took the bull by the horns and decided to get back into the full swing of working out so I sought out my old faithful - 10 Minute Trainer. I didn't want to go all crazy with cardio or total body as I still had the chest pain incident fresh in my mind, and I was feeling a little "off" so I took it a little easier and went with Yoga Flex and ABS. I need the stretching and breathing from the Yoga and the Core work from the ABS, that is why I chose those routines. 22 minutes later (I did the warm-up too) I felt better, sweatier, and ready to tackle the team call (after a REAL quick shower to wash off the goo). Then it happened... my "friend" showed up. Now the afternoon made more sense to me. I'm 5 days early so I really was caught off guard by the feelings I was having. Well, I guess I'm not pregnant :D I'll just have to keep on trying! hee hee!


I'm glad I took the 20 minutes to workout with 10 Minute Trainer, my breathing is back to normal, my core is sore, my muscles are stretched, and I'm happy and content. 



No comments:

Post a Comment