From the insanity of Panic and Anxiety Disorder to the calm through fitness.. This is my transformation story.

10.29.2011

Snow in October?!?

I can't believe it's not even November yet and I had to shovel 5 inches of snow! It's OCTOBER! It doesn't snow in New Jersey in October!!! But I digress.. I think I know what the baby girl that my-self gave me on the beach meant. Oh, I’m sorry, for those of you just coming in please refer to the story about the baby here.
My friend, who was one of the Matrons-of-Honor in my wedding party, had her baby on Monday, and it was a beautiful baby girl!

That was shocking as I predicted a baby boy. I have been 7 for 7 with baby predictions and that is why this was a shock to me, so now I’m 7 for 8! Still not bad for a day’s work! I’m so happy for her and her hubby; they now have a beautiful family!

On to other great news!

Taking into consideration all of the other “possibilities” of what the baby could have meant; other “things” have been born this week as well!

First, MUMS Fit Club has been born! I am a Coach with Team Beachbody and we had what is called a Super Saturday last weekend. The purpose of these events it to link Coaches together and announce company and coach news… BIG NEWS! The events are fun, and inspiring, and informative. I was fortunate to get connected to another coach that lives 15 minutes from me that I never knew existed. Together we will be holding MUMS Fit Club at Tiger Schulmann’s on Route 17 in Paramus on Thursdays at 10am starting on November 10th 2011. It’s FREE. FREE?!? Yep, FREE! It is a service we are offering to the community. Why? Because we can.. That’s the beauty of doing what we do! BTW MUMS stands for Making Us Moms Sexy; i know I'm not a Mom just yet, but the club is targeted towards Stay at home moms or moms that might be out of work temporarily because of the economy.

Second, I have created 2 FREE challenge groups of 5 people each, and I am just 1 person shy of filling the 2nd group! I did that in 1 week. I will be doing this for the beginning of every month until there is no more interest. So get a jump-start on your New Year’s Resolutions and let me help you with FREE fitness coaching! WHY? Because I can.. that’s the beauty of doing what I do!

Third, I met with the community center and submitted my application for that Fit Club. The scheduler loved the idea, and loved that it was free, but the board has to approve it; it goes up for vote on the 9th! Why this is a big deal is because I didn’t have any anxiety or panic, nor did I stumble over my tongue! I got dressed in casual business attire, did this whacked breathing technique that George (see baby story) told me about. I nearly passed out in the car from this technique, but I’ll just keep working on perfecting it! Maybe next time I’ll do it prior to getting in the car. Doing this is the biggest deal because I think I’m finally getting my brain out of this mode, and I feel REALLY great! I can’t remember the last time I felt this good to be quite honest.

I’ve also been stretching and foam rolling every day; my body is now feeling a bit better. I’m still tight in my neck and upper back, but it’s getting better so much so that I’ve gotten 2 good workouts in in two days. I’ve been feeling full of energy so I pulled out a trusted favorite, TurboJam. Friday I did Cardio Party and Ab Jam.. Whoa! I forgot how effective Ab Jam was! I definitely felt that today, but that didn’t stop me.. no no.. I’m a glutton for punishment.. I went with Punch, Kick, and Jam tonight! It hurts to sneeze, but it feels oh so good.. I miss that feeling… the feeling of the muscles broken down and repairing. THAT is a soreness I don’t mind at all! It's better than being stressed and feeling depressed!

In a way I'm glad it snowed, yeah I know.. how could I be glad that it's snowing in October? It gave me time to get a good workout in, I shoveled - which gave me a great workout, and I was able to reflect on the greatness of this past week and type it up and share with you! Thanks for listening!

2 comments:

  1. We got hit with 18" of snow during that storm! We were lucky not to lose power but lost cable/internet/ phone for almost a week. Congrats on the fit club!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mike! Thankfully, you didn't lose power, i can't imagine what it must have been like for all those thousands of people that were without power for a week+..

    ReplyDelete